Water Flow Case Study
Customer with wide surface temperature fluctuation.
i. flow case study – analysis
Services offered to customer to analyze temperature fluctuation:
- Wireless remote flow and temperature monitoring of individual cooling circuits.
- Thermal imaging
- Die thermal analysis
- Part defect analysis
- Inadequate water supply to die circuits.
- Improperly designed distribution manifolds and water channels to jet cooling circuits.
II. flow case study – implementation
Corrective Action Implemented
- Designed new jet cooling distribution manifolds and grouped critical cooling circuits together to be run on the CoreCool system.
- Installed closed-loop CoreCool 3.3.30 system to die and jet cooling circuits to CONTROL the following:
- Process control of pressure, temperature and flow deltas.
- Independent 4 zone cooling to maintain control cooling groups separately.
flow case study – BENEFITS GAINED
Cycle Time Reduced
Solidification reduction resulting in an Increased productivity output
spray time & spray amount reduced
Proper Internal cooling resulting in a decreased need for external spray cooling.
thermal shock reductions
Temperature delta differential minimized by Corecool monitoring flow and temperature of cooling channel water.
casting quality improvements
Even solidification rates reducing/eliminating shrink porosity and producing a casting with higher tensile strengths.